This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Multiple inheritance bug (ICE 980715)
- To: bcurrie at tssc dot co dot nz
- Subject: Re: Multiple inheritance bug (ICE 980715)
- From: Martin von Loewis <martin at mira dot isdn dot cs dot tu-berlin dot de>
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:06:09 +0200
- CC: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- References: <35E5CD60.7E2B@tssc.co.nz>
> BTW, I take it the ICE number is the date the error was previously
> found. Am I correct in this and should I submit bug reports for
> numbered ICEs?
Numbered ICEs are 'this should never happen' conditions. If they do
happen, we certainly want to know about it.
The date gives an indication how long this specific condition check
has been in the compiler. In this specific code (which I believe is
incorrect), nobody had expected that ambiguous members could passed to