This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: possible regression
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: possible regression
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 12:27:59 -0400
- CC: amakawa at sf dot t dot u-tokyo dot ac dot jp, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 02:50:30 -0600
From: Jeffrey A Law <email@example.com>
This is actually a bug in the gnu linker that is exposed by the newer
version of egcs.
The linker in binutils-2.9.1 does not handle R_SPARC_WPLT30 relocs
against local symbols.
My understanding is that this will only happen if you use the Solaris
native assembler with the GNU linker. If you use the GNU assembler
and the GNU linker, it should work fine (at least with 2.9.1). Please
let me know if that is not accurate.