This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bug with f77 on ppc egcs-1.1 prerelease
- To: Craig Burley <burley at gnu dot org>
- Subject: Re: bug with f77 on ppc egcs-1.1 prerelease
- From: Greg Zornetzer <gaz at andrew dot cmu dot edu>
- Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:53:02 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
Today, I was able to reproduce the problem on the machine, using the very
latest egcs release from 08-24-98. Here's some info on the machine.
Machine: PowerPC, running LinuxPPC
Binutils: GNU 2.9.1
Compilers affected: EGCS 1.02, 1.03, pre1.1.
The problem occurs because the back-end generates calls to the stfs
command using an operand of 65536, when the range of the operator is
-32768 to 32767.
I've placed a copy of the fortran file, and the assembler output at
I have almost no experience with compiler hacking (even less with PPC
assembler, I can't do anymore on this without suggestions. The file
compiles fine on intel machines.
Greg Zornetzer - email@example.com
"Light shines brightest in the darkest night"