This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs-2.91.55 19980824 error on const references
- To: tv at pobox dot com (Todd Vierling), egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: egcs-2.91.55 19980824 error on const references
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at cygnus dot com>
- Date: 25 Aug 1998 16:11:30 -0700
- References: <199808251428.KAA08976@calumny.jyacc.com> <Pine.NEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> Todd Vierling <email@example.com> writes:
> On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Hyman Rosen wrote:
> : The following test program fails. It also fails in all earlier versions
> : of gcc. Would someone please add it to the test suite?
> You mean it "fails to keep c constant"? Without the `const's, that code
> _should_ assign 0 to `c'. If the const should be errored about, then the
> failure is not reporting the const error.
The error is initializing r with p; volatile const int* is not
reference-compatible with volatile int*.