This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Problem with unsigned long long on ultrasparc
- To: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Problem with unsigned long long on ultrasparc
- From: Todd Vierling <tv at pobox dot com>
- Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 18:10:22 -0400 (EDT)
- cc: "David S. Miller" <davem at dm dot cobaltmicro dot com>, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com, feeley at iro dot umontreal dot ca, staff at math dot purdue dot edu
On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Brad Lucier wrote:
: > Two things, -1 is an int not a long long (although does GCC promote it
: > to a long long in this case?),
: Yes, it does seem to promote it; I printed out the two values
: as unsigned long longs in order to check this.
IIRC, your test case used printf("%ull", ...) which is NOT printing "long
long". It's printing "unsigned int" followed by two "l" characters.
If you want to print "unsigned long long", use "%llu". For "long long",
"%lld". "%qu" and "%qd" may also work, but I do not have Slowlaris handy to
-- Todd Vierling (Personal email@example.com; Bus. firstname.lastname@example.org)