This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: compling egcs-1.1 on m68k/Linux
- To: "Christian T. Steigies" <exp114 at physik dot uni-kiel dot de>
- Subject: Re: compling egcs-1.1 on m68k/Linux
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 22:39:34 -0600
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <Pine.SOL.3.95.980820150443.7838A-101000@sam>you write:
> I have been trying to compile egcs-19980819 on an m68k (Amiga with 68060)
> runing Debian2.0 Linux
> Compilation fails here (Im sending the complete log as attachment):
> ../../gcc/libgcc2.c: In function `__divdi3':
> ../../gcc/libgcc2.c:680: fixed or forbidden register 0 (%d0) was spilled fo > r
> class DATA_REGS.
Well, I don't have a 68k linux box around here, so I can't duplicate
I did try to duplicate it with a cross compiler and _divdi3 compiled
I did notice that you're working from a debian package. Has debian
made any changes to the egcs sources? That might account for the
difference in behavior.