This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bug report
- To: Martin von Loewis <martin at mira dot isdn dot cs dot tu-berlin dot de>
- Subject: Re: bug report
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 20:48:30 -0600
- cc: oliva at dcc dot unicamp dot br, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199808220658.IAA02080@mira.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>you write:
> > Please append `-v -save-temps' to the compilation command line, then
> > send us the .ii file it will produce. (gzip/bzip2 uuencode/mime ok)
> Could we by any chance change the 'Bug Reporting' node? It currently
> >> Do not compress and encode any part of your bug report using
> >> programs such as `uuencode'. If you do so it will slow down the
> >> processing of your bug.
> It seems that this is outdated, or at least not valid for
> egcs. Because of the 40k limit on egcs-bugs, many reports wouldn't
> make it 'through' uncompressed.
Please do :-) That part of the manual needs lots of updating.