This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Problem with unsigned long long on ultrasparc
- To: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu
- Subject: Re: Problem with unsigned long long on ultrasparc
- From: "David S. Miller" <davem at dm dot cobaltmicro dot com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:15:18 -0700
- CC: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com, lucier at math dot purdue dot edu, feeley at iro dot umontreal dot ca, staff at math dot purdue dot edu
- References: <199808202122.QAA22453@polya.math.purdue.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:22:03 -0500 (EST)
From: Brad Lucier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
peano-27% gcc -O1 -mcpu=ultrasparc -o testlong testlong.c
Two things, -1 is an int not a long long (although does GCC promote it
to a long long in this case?), secondarily setting cpu type to
ultrasparc is an error on Solaris-2.5, perhaps you meant
"-mtune=ultrasparc". "-mcpu=ultrasparc" turns on the V9 instructions
in the compiler which won't work correctly in all cases on Solaris-2.5
since it is not providing a 64-bit userland environment for the cpu.
"-mtune=ultrasparc" on the other hand turns on scheduling and cost
parameters independent of the instruction ISA being used.
David S. Miller