This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Incorrect code from EGCS-1.1 on PowerPC
- To: Gary Thomas <gdt at linuxppc dot org>
- Subject: Re: Incorrect code from EGCS-1.1 on PowerPC
- From: Franz Sirl <Franz dot Sirl-kernel at lauterbach dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 22:27:34 +0200
- Cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- References: <XFMail.email@example.com>
Am Wed, 19 Aug 1998 schrieb Gary Thomas:
>On 18-Aug-98 Franz Sirl wrote:
>> Am Tue, 18 Aug 1998 schrieb Gary Thomas:
>>>>The attached code snippet (from the Linux kernel) generates incorrect
>>>code when compiled on Linux/PPC with "-O2" options.
>>>The problem stems from inlined functions and a pointer (skb) being
>>>dereferenced (skb->sb) before it is tested for NULL as a result of
>>>the loop being reorganized.
>> I verified the bug with a cvs checkout 1845UTC 19980818. -fno-schedule-insns
>> makes the bug go away.
>You reported on the 'egcs' list that the current snapshot is "OK"
>for building the latest 2.1.XX kernel. Don't you see this code generation
>error when you build it? Or is it that pattern sensitive that changes
>between 2.0.32 and 2.1.115 keep it from happening?
the latest CVS-egcs seems to fix this problem here. I assume it was the change
Can you verify this?