This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs-19980803 (pre-1.1) solaris regressions
- To: "David S. Miller" <davem at dm dot cobaltmicro dot com>
- Subject: Re: egcs-19980803 (pre-1.1) solaris regressions
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 09:53:46 -0600
- cc: tm at netcom dot com, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199808191539.IAA05396@dm.cobaltmicro.com>you write:
> Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 19:07:29 -0600
> From: Jeffrey A Law <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I'll go on record now that I would prefer to see the basic block
> data structures and such accurate after reload, even if that means
> we have to run a mini dataflow analysis or flesh out more of the
> live range splitting support code. I think that's cleaner than a
> mega patch and magic NOTE_INSN_DELETED notes.
> It can be fixed in a more localized and less intrusive way, by
> catching these cases in emit-rtl.c and it can be done at low cost as
> well. I did it in my local sources while investigating this bug.
Seems like a reasonable approach too. Certainly worth looking at.