This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: problem with recent cplus-dem.o gcc/Makefile changes
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: problem with recent cplus-dem.o gcc/Makefile changes
- From: "David S. Miller" <davem at dm dot cobaltmicro dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 01:32:49 -0700
- CC: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 02:21:17 -0600
From: Jeffrey A Law <email@example.com>
Weird since it built just fine for me when I tested the change. Hmm,
I wonder if it might have been using a stale cplus-dem.o in my build
I even tested making sure I was using the latest GNU make (3.77) and
it still fails the same way.
I guess the first question is what binary is it failing on?
cplus-dem.o gets linked into collect2 and cxxmain.
Presumably it's collect2 that's causing problems.
Yes it is the collect2 case. For the cxxmain case the cplus-dem.c
file is symlinked in as cxxmain.c and compiled into cxxmain.o so it
cannot conflict with what collect2 wants to do.
I'm just about the crash for the night, I'll take a closer look at
Great, thanks :-)
ps. Where are those sparc-linux test results? :-) We need them!
Oops, sorry, I'll try to get that to you amidst my register allocator
rewrite tonight... (it's the most embarassing part of the gcc right
David S. Miller