This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: problem with recent cplus-dem.o gcc/Makefile changes
- To: "David S. Miller" <davem at dm dot cobaltmicro dot com>
- Subject: Re: problem with recent cplus-dem.o gcc/Makefile changes
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 02:21:17 -0600
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199808180638.XAA21338@dm.cobaltmicro.com>you write:
> The following change causes cplus-dem.o to not get built in the gcc
> build subdirectory:
> * Makefile.in (cplus-dep.o): Use cplus-dem.c from libiberty.
> * cplus-dem.c: Delete.
> I can't figure out why make refuses to built it, even with debugging
> turned on make says:
Weird since it built just fine for me when I tested the change. Hmm,
I wonder if it might have been using a stale cplus-dem.o in my build
I guess the first question is what binary is it failing on? cplus-dem.o
gets linked into collect2 and cxxmain.
Presumably it's collect2 that's causing problems.
I'm just about the crash for the night, I'll take a closer look at
ps. Where are those sparc-linux test results? :-) We need them!