This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: On purpose ???
- To: Theodore Papadopoulo <Theodore dot Papadopoulo at sophia dot inria dot fr>
- Subject: Re: On purpose ???
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 22:55:40 -0600
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com, meissner at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199808101712.TAA18081@mururoa.inria.fr>you write:
> While browsing the warning reports of two different builds (
> sparc-sun-solaris2.6 and ) I noticed the following message:
> 1 unsigned value < 0 is always 0
> This happens in gcc/regclass.c at line 1786 in the allocate_reg_info
> /* Free up all storage allocated */
> if (num_regs < 0) ----> num_regs is unsigned
> This looks wrong. It seems to have been introduced after the change
> (Thu Jul 2 14:16:11 1998 Michael Meissner <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> see the full entry at the end of the mail).
I suspect that we are actually missing calls to allocate_reg_info which
are expected to pass in -1 to free the storage.
Meissner is on vacation, so I can't actually ask him when it's supposed
to be safe to free up the reg_info memory. So we've got a leak, hopefully
Michael will fix it after he returns from vacation.