This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libstdc++ & threads == problems
- To: Troy Benjegerdes <hozer at drgw dot net>
- Subject: Re: libstdc++ & threads == problems
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 18:42:38 -0600
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.980813173417.29163Aemail@example.com>you write:
> > I believe you're correct. I'm sure someone will chime in if I've
> > mis-represented the current state of libstdc++.
> In that case, does anyone have an eta of when a fix will materialize? If
> not, what can I do to work around this problem short of using gcc-2.7.2?
Well, gcc2 is even less thread safe than egcs. If it works, then great,
but the real core issue is the thread safeness of the libraries.
> (Also, what mailing list should I subscribe to to find out when/if this
> gets fixed?)
There might be a list for the library rewrite. Check out the egcs
home page in the news section for info on that project.