This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: --enable-shared doesn't work on Sun-3
- To: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- Subject: Re: --enable-shared doesn't work on Sun-3
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 09:20:43 -0600
- cc: Kate Hedstrom <kate at ahab dot rutgers dot edu>, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <9808101507.AA18906@moene.indiv.nluug.nl>you write:
> > The problem is gas, not egcs.
> Is it ?
Yes. I happen to know this code in the m68k compiler -- I wrote it
many eons ago.
> Note that on my m68k-next-nextstep3 system exactly the same code is
> generated, and the native compiler on my system _is_ gas.
And it's accepted? In that case, NeXT must have hacked the assembler.
> I don't know what to think of this; either:
> 1. The S[t]un assembler recognises the jbsr aap,a1 construct as
> special and generate the right stuff for PIC - then we can't
> do nothing here, although Kate could try to use the original
> Sun assembler.
Right. This is exactly what is happening.
> 2. jbsr aap,a1 is simply jbsr aap(a1) in Motorola/MIT syntax, and
> then egcs can be repaired to generate the correct assembler.