This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: --enable-shared doesn't work on Sun-3
- To: Kate Hedstrom <kate at ahab dot rutgers dot edu>
- Subject: Re: --enable-shared doesn't work on Sun-3
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 23:39:13 -0600
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199808061808.OAA28494@ahab.rutgers.edu>you write:
> egcs fails in "make bootstrap" on this system:
> skink% more config.status
> # This file was generated automatically by configure. Do not edit.
> # This directory was configured as follows:
> configure --with-gcc-version-trigger=/usr/export/home/kate/egcs-19980803/gc
> c/version.c --host=m68k-sun-sunos4.1.1 --enable-shared --with-gnu-as --with
> -gnu-ld --norecursion
> # using "mh-frag" and "mt-frag"
> I am using binutils 2.9.1. I have been having no trouble with egcs
> with static libraries. However, a build of perl with egcs died in
> about the same way when it builds its dynamically loadable pieces.
The problem is gas, not egcs.
gas does not accept the PIC code generated for m68ks running StunOS;
the StunOS assembler should support jbsr blah,a1 syntax.