This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs build 199808xx breaks kernel. (that annoying errno=111)
- To: sang at mocha dot dyn dot ml dot org
- Subject: Re: egcs build 199808xx breaks kernel. (that annoying errno=111)
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sat, 08 Aug 1998 19:01:07 -0600
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199808071721.RAA01188@mocha.dyn.ml.org>you write:
> I am aware of that there WAS a bug in arch/i386/kernel/ioport.c and
> fixed in 2.0.32+. As of now, egcs-1.0.3a compiles and runs 2.0.35
> fine (under a casual linux user environment - sparse heavy compilation).
> then why does egcs-19980803 breaks this? is it again more aggressive
egcs-1.0.x did not have the optimization which caused the problems with
egcs does have these optimizations; however I was under the impressions
that newer versions of ioport.c were fixed to avoid the problem.
It is possible the bogus asm instructions in the 2.0.x kernels are causing
problems. I've been told these incorrect asms are fixed in the 2.1.x