This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs-19980803 (pre-1.1) powerpc-ibm-aix22.214.171.124 regressions
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Subject: Re: egcs-19980803 (pre-1.1) powerpc-ibm-aix126.96.36.199 regressions
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 16:39:52 -0400
- Cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com, meissner at cygnus dot com
>>>>> "Kaveh R Ghazi" writes:
Kaveh> Snapshot: egcs-19980803 (1.1 prerelease snapshot)
Kaveh> Platform: powerpc-ibm-aix188.8.131.52
Kaveh> Stage1 compiler: cc
Kaveh> Assembler: native
Kaveh> Linker: native
Kaveh> BOOT_CFLAGS: -g -O3 -funroll-all-loops -mminimal-toc
Kaveh> The following bootstrap error is a regression from prior
Kaveh> releases/snapshots. (However, I am able to bootstrap when I lower
Kaveh> optimization to "-g -O2 -mminimal-toc".)
>> Bootstrap comparison failure!
You realize that this simply does not make sense. I have been
bootstrapping without problem and no one else has reported a similar
problem. Is there something corrupted on your system? Nothing should
have changed between this snapshot and the previous one.