This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Solaris-- relocation against external symbol
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Solaris-- relocation against external symbol
- From: kan at egr dot msu dot edu (Yao-Chiang Kan)
- Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 12:25:23 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: ironst at aries dot tucson dot saic dot com, tveldhui at seurat dot uwaterloo dot ca, blitz-bugs-archive at monet dot uwaterloo dot ca, kan at egr dot msu dot edu, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
Thank you for your reply about my problem.
I installed the binutils-2.9.1 on our Solaris 2.51 system
and the relocation error still happen. So I renamed the /usr/ccs/bin/ld
and linked the new ld to /usr/ccs/bin/ld. Then the following error
poped on the screen.
g++ array.o -o array -L../lib -lblitz -lm
could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Thank you very much.
> In message <35C26EF4.33B0@aries.tucson.saic.com>you write:
> > Todd -
> > Yes this is the problem I had. I never got a reply from
> > the egcs folks.
> > As far as I could tell the problem that I had was that
> > I kept picking up the ld from /usr/ccs/bin. I wanted to
> > use the ld from binutils-2.9.1 (a newer ld). I could never figure
> > out how to have egcs use the binutils-2.9.1 ld. I changed PATH,
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH, etc. I tried differing ways of configuring
> > egcs (--with-gnu-ld, etc). I tried setting different
> > egcs environment variables. I looked at gcc faq's.
> > All to no avail.
> Install binutils using the same prefix as you use for egcs.
> This will install a copy of ld (and other programs) into a directory
> that egcs searches before /usr/ccs/bin.