This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Solaris-- relocation against external symbol
- To: Ted Irons <ironst at aries dot tucson dot saic dot com>
- Subject: Re: Solaris-- relocation against external symbol
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 00:02:33 -0600
- cc: Todd Veldhuizen <tveldhui at seurat dot uwaterloo dot ca>, blitz-bugs-archive at monet dot uwaterloo dot ca, kan at egr dot msu dot edu, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <35C26EF4.33B0@aries.tucson.saic.com>you write:
> Todd -
> Yes this is the problem I had. I never got a reply from
> the egcs folks.
> As far as I could tell the problem that I had was that
> I kept picking up the ld from /usr/ccs/bin. I wanted to
> use the ld from binutils-2.9.1 (a newer ld). I could never figure
> out how to have egcs use the binutils-2.9.1 ld. I changed PATH,
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH, etc. I tried differing ways of configuring
> egcs (--with-gnu-ld, etc). I tried setting different
> egcs environment variables. I looked at gcc faq's.
> All to no avail.
Install binutils using the same prefix as you use for egcs.
This will install a copy of ld (and other programs) into a directory
that egcs searches before /usr/ccs/bin.