This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs segfaults on rh51 (example)
- To: m_vogt at informatik dot uni-kl dot de
- Subject: Re: egcs segfaults on rh51 (example)
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 23:46:30 -0600
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <firstname.lastname@example.org>you write:
> the following programm segfaults with the -O6 optimisation.
> The strange thing is: if you uncomment : //pow(6.0,3.0);
> it even wotks with -O6.
> Can someone tell me if its a bug or I'm doing something wrong?
> Please reply by mail, because im not on the mailing list.
> I'm using RH 5.1.
There is a known code generation bug in the compiler which exhibits
itself when using the inlined pow function from certain versions of
glibc on the x86.
This bug has been fixed for the upcoming egcs-1.1 release.