This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Problems building egcs-19980727 on mips-sgi-irix6.3
- To: dew at pgroup dot com
- Subject: Re: Problems building egcs-19980727 on mips-sgi-irix6.3
- From: N8TM at aol dot com
- Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 10:37:10 EDT
- Cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
In a message dated 7/31/98 8:25:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time, email@example.com
> /usr/local/mips-sgi-irix6.3/bin/as: unrecognized option `-n32'
This appears to be the persistent habit of switching from the configured
compiler version to your system default compiler/linker options (typically,
while building objc). For Irix, the easy cure is to configure with the
environment variable CC = 'cc -n32' or whichever option matches the default
for your environment. Then it doesn't matter when the build switches back and
forth between system default and the option specified in the build.