This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
egcs 1.0.2 slooow on x86-solaris2.6
- To: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Subject: egcs 1.0.2 slooow on x86-solaris2.6
- From: pkrishna at blr dot cybercash dot com (Krishna Padmasola)
- Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 10:16:25 -0500
- Reply-To: pkrishna at blr dot cybercash dot com (Krishna Padmasola)
egcs is very slow in compiling c++ code on intel solaris.
Here's my configuration:
uname -a : SunOS spider 5.6 Generic i86pc i386 i86pc
gcc --version: egcs-2.90.27 980315 (egcs-1.0.2 release)
I built it using ./configure (no options) and make bootstrap
The compilation used to go much faster (two or three times faster)
when I used gcc 2.7.2. But that compiler had problems with the -g
I apologize if this is a known bug. Is there a configure option I can
enable to make a faster egcs?