This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gmon.c compile failure building cross compiler linux->solaris2
- To: rutt at tensilica dot com
- Subject: Re: gmon.c compile failure building cross compiler linux->solaris2
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 16:50:35 -0800
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
cp -r newlib/libc/include/ ~/cross/sparc-sun-solaris2/ ## Required??
Newlib is intended for embedded systems. It was never intended to be used
with UNIX workstations.
As such, newlib isn't a reasonable drop in replacement for the Solaris2 C
library. You will have much better luck if you use the actual Solaris2 C
You would probably have better luck with GNU libc also, if it has been
ported to Solaris2.
../../gcc/config/sparc/gmon-sol2.c:187: `PATH_MAX' undeclared (first use this function)
Newlib does not define PATH_MAX because that is an OS specific value, and
there is no way for the OS independent newlib headers to know the right value.
If you use newlib with an OS, the OS has to provide the missing OS specific