This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: duplicate symbols and -frepo on AIX 4.2
- To: Andrey Slepuhin <pooh at msu dot net>
- Subject: Re: duplicate symbols and -frepo on AIX 4.2
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 01:18:20 -0700
- cc: dsupern at arash dot amd dot com (Daniel Supernaw-Issen), egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com, David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <XFMail.email@example.com>you write:
> The problem is because tlink part of collect2 doesn't recognize AIX linker
Do we still have this problem? (is -frepo even useful on AIX?).
> You can try a small patch (attached) but other systems
> (e.g. FreeBSD) have similar problems.
Yes. And putting lots of system specific conditionals in tlink.c
isn't the right way to fix the problem :-)
> IMHO, the best way to solve
> such kind of problems is to use regular expressions to define
> linker diagnostic patterns. I already wrote about this some time ago,
> but didn't saw any responce...
I don't remember this, but it's quite likely it got lost in much
of the other aix/collect mail that went by a couple months ago.
Using regexps is probably the best solution. Did you have a patch
for that or were you just suggesting it as a potential solution?
If we don't use regexps, then I would recommend we define some
sort of target macro to deal with this problem.