This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: template bug?
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: template bug?
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at cygnus dot com>
- Date: 27 Mar 1998 18:14:52 -0800
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.96.980325183738.29415Afirstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.GSO.3.96.980326094401.2897Bemail@example.com>
>>>>> Gerald Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This is not valid ISO C++ code, line 4 should actually read
> typename T::inside_class damn;
> I agree, however, that the error message you got in this case is
> somewhat confusing.
> Moreover, shouldn't this be handled by the "implicit typename" gcc
> extension? (Mark? Jason?)
No. implicit typename only works when the context is a template
instantiation, like A<T>, not when it's a template parm itself.