This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Lifetime bug in temporaries
- To: espie at quatramaran dot ens dot fr (Marc Espie)
- Subject: Re: Lifetime bug in temporaries
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <Gabriel dot Dos-Reis at dptmaths dot ens-cachan dot fr>
- Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 13:22:21 +0100 (MET)
- Cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- References: <199803251611.RAA01234@quatramaran.ens.fr>
>>>>> «Marc», Marc Espie <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
Marc> I've managed to solve the problem using actual copies in Expr and SumExpr.
Marc> This leads to introducing a VHandle class to avoid copying Vectors. This
Marc> one doesn't cause any trouble as the only Vectors I have are not temporaries.
I don't think it is necessary to store actual objects in SumExpr: you
can keep on storing references to operands in a SumExpr. There is a
slight difference between an Expr and a SumExpr.