This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs hangs while compiling klyx-0.9.2
- To: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <bero at linux dot net dot eu dot org>
- Subject: Re: egcs hangs while compiling klyx-0.9.2
- From: Dustin Marquess <jailbird at alcatraz dot fdf dot net>
- Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 14:12:52 -0600 (CST)
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com, beastium-list at Desk dot nl
On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
> egcs and pgcc (current snapshot version for both) hang while trying to
> compile klyx-0.9.2.
> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../././src -I.. -I/usr/kde/include
> -I/usr/src/qt-1.32/include -I/usr/X11R6.3/include -I../images -g0 -O2
> -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -s -c lyxfunc.C
> At this point, the compiler hangs and allocates infinite amounts of
> If you don't have klyx, I can send the lyxfunc.C file (13 kB compressed).
A similar thing happened while I was trying to compile MySQL
3.21.25, one of the files (I beleive it was like 130k) took large amounts
of RAM.. I had to pump up my swap for it to finally finish, I beleive it
stayed at around 190MB of RAM usage until it finished the compile about 20