This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: HAIFA scheduler bug?
- To: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: HAIFA scheduler bug?
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 20:02:25 -0700
- cc: Gary Thomas <g dot thomas at opengroup dot org>, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199803262227.OAA08984@rtl.cygnus.com>you write:
> Actually we made some changes to reduce the change that jump will bogus
> use a REG_DEAD note after reload. I suspect we didn't catch all of
> them, but we may have caught the one in question.
> What changes exactly are these? I can't see anything obvious looking at
> the ChangeLog file.
> There haven't been any changes at all to delete_computation which is where
> the bug is. It is still using REG_DEAD notes which are obviously unsafe.
> It happens to work by accident for the testcase, but the original bug report
> points out that the current sources still fail to compile makeinfo correctly
> so there is still a bug present that needs to be fixed.
Opps. Sorry, the change was to dead_or_set_p in rtlanal.c.