This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs-980321 can't compile gdb-4.16
- To: Corey Kosak <kosak at cs dot cmu dot edu>
- Subject: Re: egcs-980321 can't compile gdb-4.16
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 16:08:25 -0800
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com, rth at cygnus dot com
This is a bug in the alpha port. The extzv pattern accepts any bitfield which
is a multiple of 8 bits, however, the alpha_expand_unaligned_load function
only works for bitfields which are 2/4/8 bytes. In this case, we call extzv
for a 3 byte bitfield, and it dies in gen_lowpart (called from alpha_expand_
unaligned_load) because mode == VOIDmode.