This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Build failed in separate directory
- To: "Jerry Quinn" <jquinn at nortel dot ca>
- Subject: Re: Build failed in separate directory
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 17:12:23 -0700
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199803242026.MAA29585@cygnus.com>you write:
> On HP C110 hpux 9.05, I created a subdirectory in the egcs-1.0.1 directory
> named build/hpux-9.05 and ran ../../configure --with-gnu-as from there. Then
> I executed make LANGUAGES="c c++ f77 gcov proto" bootstrap. During the build,
> I got the following error output:
I bet you're using HP's make.
Many vendor makes don't handle VPATH in the way egcs expects. HP's
is one of them. Use GNU make.