This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs 1.0.2 and octave 2.0.11 on Solaris 2.5.1 x86
- To: EGCS MAil drop <egcs at purdue116 dot gte dot net>
- Subject: Re: egcs 1.0.2 and octave 2.0.11 on Solaris 2.5.1 x86
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 16:54:51 -0800
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
Then assorted error messages related to
Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
This indicates a bug in the DWARF1 debug support for C++.
Gcc's DWARF1 support for C++ is not very good in general. If you want to
debug C++ code, it is recommended that you use either STABS or DWARF2 instead.
Use of either alternative debug format probably requires using binutils,
and of course using gdb.
The dwarf1/C++ support however should not result in linker errors, so this
is something that we should fix if it hasn't already been fixed in the