This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Trying to compile D. Piponi's template based primality test
- To: mmitchell at usa dot net
- Subject: Re: Trying to compile D. Piponi's template based primality test
- From: Laurent Bonnaud <bonnaud at irisa dot fr>
- Date: 22 Mar 1998 20:39:10 +0100
- Cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <199803220250.SAA16183@ smtp.earthlink.net>
>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Mitchell <email@example.com> writes:
Mark> On my Linux box, I do have to use -ftemplate-depth, but I also get the
Mark> right answer. (The -ftemplate-depth doesn't surprise me; there's a
Mark> lot of template recursion in this program!)
My original test was done on sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1. After reading
your mail, i tried on i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1 : i don't have to use
-ftemplate-depth and the result is wrong. As expected, the behaviour
is exactly the same on both plateforms. BTW, how much template-depth
does your version need ?
Mark> Perhaps this change (which Jason has not yet had a chance to comment
Mark> on, and which is therefore not yet in the tree) fixed the problem.
Mark> You might try getting that patch from the list and trying it out. If
Mark> that doesn't help, the bug might be platform specific.
I hope your patch will be in the next snapshot. Then i will retest and
let you known if there is still a problem. Thanks for your help !