This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: `make bootstrap' fails for 980315 on FreeBSD 2.2-980105-SNAP
- To: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: `make bootstrap' fails for 980315 on FreeBSD 2.2-980105-SNAP
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 22:00:39 +0100 (MET)
- cc: law at cygnus dot com, Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Reply-To: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Joern Rennecke wrote:
Jeff Law wrote:
>> Sounds like freebsd is also using an old/broken assembler that
>> doesn't know how to handle .align statements in code correctly.
>> That's an educated guess [...]
> Well, let's try the same fix then:
> Fri Mar 20 21:47:35 1998 J"orn Rennecke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * freebsd.h (ASM_OUTPUT_ALIGN): Redefine.
Perfect hit, Jeff! And, yup, Jörn, your patch does indeed fix the problem.
Could you please install this into the main CVS tree?
Thanks a lot,
PS: Time to diagnose, fix and verify the fix -- ~24 hours! :-)
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry) Vienna University of Technology