This is the mail archive of the gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

egcs 1.0.2 and octave 2.0.11 on Solaris 2.5.1 x86



egcs 1.0.2 compiled without incident under  Solaris 2.5.1 x86.
The compile of octave 2.0.11 proceded until the final link stage of
octave.

Then assorted error messages related to
"Link gives 
Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
.L_E4709                            ../liboctave/liboctave.a(Quad.o)
.L_E4729                            ../liboctave/liboctave.a(Quad.o)

"

When I changed to produce assembler output on Quad.cc,

In Quad.s, we have

10518  .L_D816:
 10519          .4byte  .L_D816_e-.L_D816
 10520          .2byte  0x16
 10521          .2byte  0x12
 10522          .4byte  .L_D817
 10523          .2byte  0x2b2
 10524          .4byte  .L_E4709

and

 10607  .L_D824:
 10608          .4byte  .L_D824_e-.L_D824
 10609          .2byte  0x16
 10610          .2byte  0x12
 10611          .4byte  .L_D825
 10612          .2byte  0x2b2
 10613          .4byte  .L_E4729


I assume this is a structure of some kind. In both cases, the last
reference is undefined.


When I removed the "-g" option flag from c++ on Quad.cc, the
link works, and the octave produced seems to work.

Clarence Wilkerson
egcs@purdue116.gte.net


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]