This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: Minor exception bug with unexpected
- To: "'Arvind Sankar'" <arvind at cse dot iitb dot ernet dot in>, Alexandre Oliva <oliva at dcc dot unicamp dot br>, "ak at muc dot de" <ak at muc dot de>
- Subject: RE: Minor exception bug with unexpected
- From: Kaz Kylheku <kaz at cafe dot net>
- Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 07:42:47 -0800
- Cc: "egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com" <egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com>
On Friday, March 20, 1998 3:24 AM, Arvind Sankar
> following up on this, should there be an option to the compiler to make
> it dump core on an internal compiler error, so that somebody can make
> out what went wrong?
Somebody who is capable of making out what is wrong is probably capable
of setting a breakpoint at the function which handles internal compiler
errors or force it to core dump.
In most cases, internal compiler errors seem to be easily reproducible;
it's just a matter of repeating the same input.
Dumping core would probably just encourage people to post their uuencoded
gcc core files to the bugs mailing list. :)