This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Error in make cross (linux to mingw32) in 1.0.2
- To: Martin Kahlert <martin dot kahlert at mchp dot siemens dot de>
- Subject: Re: Error in make cross (linux to mingw32) in 1.0.2
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 16:31:58 -0800
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
when i did a 'configure --target=i686-pc-mingw32' for
building a linux to mingw32 cross compiler with egcs-1.0.2,
i get the following error while executing 'make cross':
EGCS and gnuwin32 are not yet completely compatible with each other.
I expect this will be fixed by the time of the next gnuwin32 release.
for more info and some prebuilt binaries.
`NSIG' undeclared here (not in a function)
I believe this was fixed a while ago in the development sources by this
Thu Dec 4 17:25:19 1997 Jeffrey A Law (email@example.com)
* strsignal.c (sys_nsig): Try NSIG and _NSIG.
Try getting the patch from the CVS tree or using one of the snapshots.
Doesn't that mean, that a first compilation pass has succeeded, yet
and it tries to compile it with itself?
It means that the compiler gcc was built successfully, but the build failed
while trying to build the runtime libraries, e.g. the C++ runtime library,
because of a problem with the runtime library code.