This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bug in coerce_templates
- To: Martin von Loewis <martin at mira dot isdn dot cs dot tu-berlin dot de>
- Subject: Re: Bug in coerce_templates
- From: Kriang Lerdsuwanakij <lerdsuwa at scf-fs dot usc dot edu>
- Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 01:46:48 -0800
- CC: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- References: <199803170700.IAA00386@mira.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
Martin von Loewis wrote:
> Thanks for your patch. It doesn't really fix ttp26.C, though,
> as it dies a couple of lines later in
> my_friendly_assert (!require_all_arguments, 0);
> This is because is_tmpl_parm is zero, even though i<nargs.
> The call to coerce_templates comes from unify:
> if (coerce_template_parms (argtmplvec, parmvec, parmtmpl, 1, 1, 0)
> == error_mark_node)
> return 1;
I discovered that shortly later too. In my opinion in the condition of
else if, only i<nargs is needed, the condition is_tmpl_parm sounds
unrelated. I'll do more tests on that part of code at that tomorrow.