This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bootstrapping sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1 - missing rules for some .o files in libio
- To: Michael Batchelor <Michael_Batchelor at citysearch dot com>
- Subject: Re: Bootstrapping sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1 - missing rules for some .o files in libio
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 16:49:25 -0800
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
When it comes time to build libio under libraries/libio, the "ar" step
fails because several objects never got made. Rules for these objects
were missing from the Makefile.
Looking in our mail archives, I see two other reports of this same problem,
but no indication of the solution.
One message said that this problem could be worked around by adding the
5 missing *.c files (peekc.c, iogetc.c, ioputc.c, iofeof.c, and ioferror.c)
to DEPEND_SOURCES in libio/config.shared. You could try doing that.
If you could perhaps figure out why this problem is happening for you
that would be useful. We could then document why it is failing.