This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Predefined macro incompatibility (gcc vs egcs)
- To: jcownie at dolphinics dot com
- Subject: Re: Predefined macro incompatibility (gcc vs egcs)
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 15:49:10 -0800
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
Note, in particular, that "__i386" is defined by gcc, but not by egcs.
I believe this is fixed in egcs 1.0.2 as a side effect of another bug fix
(to fix the cpp doesn't define i386 problem).
This is a bug with the handling of -D options in CPP_SPEC, which aren't
treated exactly the same as -D options in CPP_PREDEFINES. I wrote a note
to myself about it, and will fix it when I find the time if someone else
doesn't get to it first.