This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GLOBAL constructor symbol names for static vars are bogus!
- To: bgarcia at fore dot com
- Subject: Re: GLOBAL constructor symbol names for static vars are bogus!
- From: Martin von Loewis <martin at mira dot isdn dot cs dot tu-berlin dot de>
- Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 22:32:26 +0100
- CC: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.96.980312064939.10494Demail@example.com>
> I am not very familiar with how collect2 works. Could you explain to
> me how I could invoke it to do something similar to what I described
> above? Remember, all my linking is relocatable - I do not produce
> any actual "programs".
I know almost nothing about VxWorks, and little about collect2. It is
basically a drop-in replacement for the ld(1), which calls real-ld and
a few other things (nm, ...) to detect things it needs to instantiate
(constructors, destructors, things from the template repository, ...)
It creates temporary C files, compiles them, and links them together
with the other objects, again using real-ld.
So I suppose with the right replacement for real-ld, you could do
almost anything you want.