This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bug?: wrong internal call of cpp (980308 snapshot)
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: bug?: wrong internal call of cpp (980308 snapshot)
- From: Johann Petrak <johann at ai dot univie dot ac dot at>
- Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 12:22:25 +0100
- CC: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> In message <35053283.459F3F58@ai.univie.ac.at>you write:
> > Struggling with the problem of weak symbol linking and
> > one internal compiler error in egcs-1.01 I tried to
> > use the snapshot 980308 instead.
> > I ran the build with --enable-shared on a SunOS 4.1.4 machine.
> > After applying the final.c-patch the build worked fine.
> > The compiler does show strange behaviour though: unlike in
> > earlier snapshots it tries to call cpp without giving
> > the full path:
> How did you configure egcs? From your message it sounds like you
> installed egcs into a different directory hierarchy than it was
> configured for.
You are right, sorry to bother you with this! It happened
after configuring for a different target directory and
doing make install without doing a new make bootstrap
first. Thank you!