This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: : Warning patches #1/5 - signed vs. unsigned.
- To: Manfred Hollstein <manfred at s-direktnet dot de>
- Subject: Re: : Warning patches #1/5 - signed vs. unsigned.
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 14:52:11 -0800
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com, Manfred dot Hollstein at ks dot sel dot alcatel dot de
This is OK to install.
I see that you have an enquire.c change. The enquire.c copyright requires
that we document all changes near the top of the file. Please add such a
change similar to the existing changes.
In dwarf2out.c (reg_save) I added a FIXME comment to highlight a
comparison of an unsigned variable with -1 in an if statement!
! if (sreg == -1) /* FIXME: How can this be -1? It is an unsigned! */
Can someone who's more experienced with this particular code take a look?
The code is correct. -1 is used to indicate that the value isn't a register
number. The -1 just gets casted to unsigned, and becomes UINT_MAX. It may
not be pretty, but I think it should always work.