This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: HPUX10.20 with egcs1.0.1: global variable bug (class string ...) !SOLVED!
- To: Marcel Ruff <ruff at comsys dot dofn dot de>
- Subject: Re: HPUX10.20 with egcs1.0.1: global variable bug (class string ...) !SOLVED!
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:03:58 -0700
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <35055644.38D83ABE@comsys.dofn.de>you write:
> (Wouldn't it be possible to update the egcs-1.0.1 documentation,
> i spoiled 2 weeks with this 'problem'.)
I'll see what I can come up with to make it clearer that --without
isn't all that useful :-)
> By the way:
> Is it dangerous to use --enable-haifa?
Nope. In fact, it's on by default for the PA, alpha & rs6000/ppc
in the mainline sources.
> Is it possible to use exception handling and --enable-shared?
> (if not, does this mean i can't use shared lib's when using exceptions?? ?)
Not at the moment on the PA. I'm not sure why, though the most
likely culprit is not restoring the PIC register when we catch
a throw, but I see code that's supposed to handle it.
I believe you can use EH with shared libraries as long as you
don't try to throw across shared library boundaries.