This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Make with alpha/Linux
- To: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Make with alpha/Linux
- From: rth at cygnus dot com (Richard Henderson)
- Date: 6 Mar 1998 00:41:49 -0800
- Newsgroups: cygnus.egcs.bugs
- Organization: Cygnus Solutions
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In article <email@example.com>,
Eric Bordenave <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>I start make , it compils well during few
>minutes but at a moment it make a lot of errors messages like :
>relocation truncated to fit : LITTERAL $C*
This is an unfortunate limitation in the linker shipped with Red Hat 4.2.
You can either not build the fortran front end, or upgrade to Red Hat 5.0.
It is not practical to upgrade just the linker; a good hunk of the rest
of the compiler chain must be upgraded at the same time.