This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: can't find stdio, etc. building m68k-coff cross from i586-linux
- To: "Robert J. Brown" <rj at eli dot elilabs dot com>
- Subject: Re: can't find stdio, etc. building m68k-coff cross from i586-linux
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 11:28:34 -0700
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199803041812.MAA16529@eli.elilabs.com>you write:
> >>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey A Law <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Jeffrey> In message <199803041804.MAA16305@eli.elilabs.com>you
> Jeffrey> write:
> >> Since at the present time all I really need is the compiler and
> >> the "core" run-time library that does no I/O, but just things
> >> like handling signed integer arithmetic, etc., is there a way
> >> to say --no-runtime-library, or whatever?
> Jeffrey> Nope. No such option :(
> Would it be reasonable to "trick" the make into using my Linux include
> files, even though the resultant library might not actually work, just
I've done it before, so it is possible.
Copy your headers from /usr/include to <somewhere>, then do something
configure <whatever> --with-headers=<somewhere>
This (of course) is quite dangerous :-)