This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
profiling in g++ on alpha/linux
- To: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Subject: profiling in g++ on alpha/linux
- From: kilgore at physics dot ucla dot edu
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 13:55:57 -0800
- Reply-to: kilgore at physics dot ucla dot edu
I am running running RedHat 5.0 on an alpha workstation. I have
installed egcs-1.0.1 and binutils 22.214.171.124.21. When I try to link a
C program with option "-pg", I am told that the library libgmon.a
cannot be found. When I provide an empty library by that name, the
program links and seems to execute properly. When I try to link a C++
program (and provide the empty library), the program links but the
executable fails immediately with a segmentation fault.
Is there any way to C++ profiling on the alpha?
William B. Kilgore
Theoretical Elementary Particles Group
Los Angeles, CA 90095
USA Tel: (310) 825-4814 Fax: (310) 825-3109 or (310) 206-5668