This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs 1.0.1 i586-linux native test failures
- To: law at cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: egcs 1.0.1 i586-linux native test failures
- From: "Robert J. Brown" <rj at eli dot elilabs dot com>
- Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 21:10:43 -0600
- Cc: "Robert J. Brown" <rj at eli dot elilabs dot com>, egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- References: <199803011808.MAA30360@eli.elilabs.com><email@example.com>
>>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey A Law <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Jeffrey> In message <199803011808.MAA30360@eli.elilabs.com>you
>> Will this work if I use --prefix=/some/thing/on/standard for
>> both builds? I do not want the new compilers in /usr/local,
>> since I need to keep the 126.96.36.199 gcc as my default under Linux
>> until they clean up the kernel cources. :-(
Jeffrey> Yes. They both accept and will use --prefix.
Jeffrey> The other way is the "one tree build" method which is
Jeffrey> described in the cross-gcc faq.
>> I was leery fo that approach because it seems to require some
>> patches that I did not know would work with the ecgs source
Jeffrey> Errr, what patches does it require? I thought we had all
Jeffrey> of them already installed.
Maybe egcs doesn't need them, but the crossgcc faq says patches are
needed for the onetree build, I think...
-------- "And there came a writing to him from Elijah" [2Ch 21:12] --------
Robert Jay Brown III email@example.com http://www.elilabs.com 1 847 705-0424
Elijah Laboratories Inc.; 37 South Greenwood Avenue; Palatine, IL 60067-6328
----- M o d e l i n g t h e M e t h o d s o f t h e M i n d ------