This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: egcs 1.0.1 i586-linux native test failures
- To: "Robert J. Brown" <rj at eli dot elilabs dot com>
- Subject: Re: egcs 1.0.1 i586-linux native test failures
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 13:37:17 -0700
- cc: egcs-bugs at cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: law at cygnus dot com
In message <199803011808.MAA30360@eli.elilabs.com>you write:
> Will this work if I use --prefix=/some/thing/on/standard for both
> builds? I do not want the new compilers in /usr/local, since I need
> to keep the 184.108.40.206 gcc as my default under Linux until they clean up
> the kernel cources. :-(
Yes. They both accept and will use --prefix.
> Jeffrey> The other way is the "one tree build" method which is
> Jeffrey> described in the cross-gcc faq.
> I was leery fo that approach because it seems to require some patches
> that I did not know would work with the ecgs source tree.
Errr, what patches does it require? I thought we had all of them