This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GCC 4.8.1 Released
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-announce at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, info-gnu at gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 13:16:13 +0200
- Subject: GCC 4.8.1 Released
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
The GNU Compiler Collection version 4.8.1 has been released.
GCC 4.8.1 is the first bug-fix release containing important fixes for
regressions and serious bugs in GCC 4.8.0 with over 91 bugs fixed since
the previous release. Support for C++11 ref-qualifiers has been added
to GCC 4.8.1, making G++ the first C++ compiler to implement all the
major language features of the C++11 standard.
This release is available from the FTP servers listed at:
Please do not contact me directly regarding questions or comments about
this release. Instead, use the resources available from
As always, a vast number of people contributed to this GCC release -- far
too many to thank them individually!